Property Supervisor - Fredericton
Wage: Competitive based on experience
Start date: July 15, 2022
Location: Fredericton, New Bunswick
Who we are
MICRO Boutique is a vibrant and growing company that offers modern, fun ‘micro’ suites as rental and hotel stay accommodations throughout Atlantic Canada. Each suite combines cutting-edge design, top-quality furnishings and out-of-the-box thinking with not an inch of wasted space. If you are looking for a positive team environment where you can help others and take pride in your work, then MICRO Boutique may be for you!
Who you are
We are currently seeking a dedicated, resourceful, detail-oriented and friendly Property Supervisor for our newest 132 unit long-term residential building in Fredericton, opening Aug. 1, 2022.
If you have these skills and attributes, our team might be right for you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Trade School Certificate (required) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle (required)
- Proficient in office software, including: spreadsheets and word processing programs, Google Drive, Google Calendar and Gmail
- General understanding of leasing rules and regulations
- Basic building maintenance knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on customer service and teamwork
- Highly organized and solutions-focused with strong leadership skills and a knack for problem solving
- Effective time management skills and the ability to delegate
- Minimum 5 years experience in property management and maintenance
- Leasing experience is considered an asset
- Certification in First Aid CPR, WHMIS, and/or Fall Arrest is considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
About the position
The Property Supervisor ensures the building is maintained, tenant needs are met and assists the Sales Manager in achieving sales and customer service priorities for the property. This position works under minimal supervision but is supported by both the Sales and Operations Managers.
The Property Supervisor will fulfill their job duties and responsibilities within the agreed upon budgeted hours per week. The schedule and hours of work will vary and will be set as needed by your Managers. As such, this job may require daytime, evening and weekend work, including answering emails and phone calls as needed. We value a healthy work-life balance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use of excellent verbal communication and active listening skills, with a client service focus, to interact with tenants onsite and ensure a superior, consistent client experience
- Address tenants’ needs, and assist with minor maintenance tasks
- Ensure common areas and common rooms like the theater and games rooms are cleaned and tidied on a daily basis
- Ensure the overall operations of the building run smoothly
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed
- Create a positive and healthy team environment
- Ensure house rules are followed and document any violations in a timely manner
- Maintain the appearance of buildings and grounds, including lawn care, snow removal, etc.
- Respond to maintenance requests when appropriate, and assign skill specific maintenance tasks to the appropriate subtrades
- Report safety concerns and issues to the Operations Manager
- Ensure housekeeping and preventative maintenance checklists are kept up to date, including monthly checks on safety equipment
- Ensure the laundry system is accounted for and cards are replenished as needed
- Upload company credit card receipts to the appropriate folders in a timely fashion
On an as needed basis
- Coordinate and supervise contractors for larger maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot and respond to after-hours emergencies
If you wish to join our dynamic team, please forward your resume and cover letter to Rhyanna Hawes at [email protected] or call 1-888- 501-2325 ext. 102.
The deadline for the application is July 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. AST.