Maintenance and Repair Worker
Start date: May 2022 (Full-time Seasonal)
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Who we are
MICRO Boutique is a vibrant and growing company that offers modern, fun ‘micro’ suites as rental and hotel stay accommodations throughout Atlantic Canada. Each suite combines cutting-edge design, top-quality furnishings and out-of-the-box thinking. If you are looking for a positive team environment where you can develop your skills and gain valuable work experience as part of a team, then MICRO Boutique may be for you.
Who you are
We are currently seeking maintenance and repair workers to join our Building Launch Crew as part of the Operations Team at MICRO Boutique – Fredericton. If you have these skills and attributes, our team might be the right fit for you:
- Problem-solving and mental focus
- Physical strength (e.g., ability to lift up to 75 lbs.)
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Strong sense of teamwork and initiative
- Experience using hand and electrical tools is an asset
- Certifications: First Aid/CPR or WHMIS would be an asset
Previous experience in construction, maintenance and repairs would be an asset. A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
About the position
This is a full-time, seasonal position. Working hours may vary, though shifts will be scheduled based on operational needs. Hours will typically be scheduled between the hours of 8am – 8pm.; on-call and weekend work may be required.
Responsibilities may include:
- Unloading freight, including but not limited to, furniture, appliances, fixtures, etc., and transporting throughout the building
- Assembling and installing furniture, wardrobes, etc.
- Properly disposing of packing in marked bins
- Cleaning and prepping suites for tenancy
- General maintenance and repairs, as required
You must be willing and capable of performing physically demanding labour over long hours, at times with minimal supervision, in high temperatures.
How to apply
If you wish to join our Fredericton team, please forward your resume and cover letter to Chad Schrader, Operations Manager, at [email protected].
The deadline for the application is May 1st, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. AST.